KTEC encourages parent involvment and communication with staff. You can reach your student’s teachers through their KUSD emails (found under the Classroom and Staff tab of this website). Teachers are also happy to communicate through student agendas, personal meetings, conferences, and phone calls. Talk with your student’s teachers about the best way to keep in touch.
Contact information for many other KTEC staff, advisors and administrators are also listed on the classroom and staff page.
All staff, students & parents will have access to a new communication tool aquired by KUSD. Staff will use My Big Campus (MBC) to share:
- Resources: schedules, expectations, teacher informatin
- Current Happenings: newsletters, field trip information, unit objectives, projects
- Getting Involed: wish lists, volunteer opportunities
- Links to important sites
- Calendar: homework assignments, due dates, test/quiz dates, field trip dates, assemblies
- Login information (user name & password) will be provided.
Visit www.mybigcampus.com/topics/mbc-orientation-center for more information.
Zangle’s ParentConnection is a Web application that provides parents with direct access to student data via the Internet. Using a confidential PIN (personal identification number) and password, parents can connect to the school district’s student database using a web browser and view their child’s data. If you have not received, or have lost your login information, please contact the KTEC office.
Zangle’s StudentConnection is similar to ParentConnection but designed for the student. Students will have their own login information. This can also be provided through the classroom teacher if unknown.
Parent volunteers are a valuable and necessary resource to support the education of students at KTEC. We encourage you to explore the many ways to volunteer and assist in a way that fits your schedule and talents.
You can contact the Parent-Teacher-Student-Organization (PTSO) and your student’s teachers to find out what opportunities to help are available.
Regular attendance is essential to a student’s education. If you require your student to miss school, please fill out a pre-arranged absensence form ahead of time so the staff can evaluate the effect the absensence will have on the child.
KTEC follows the KUSD procedure for students taking prescribed or over-the-counter medications.
- KUSD Food Menues
- Other KUSD Meal Information
- www.mylunchmoney.com allows you to deposite funds into your student’s meal account
- KTEC School Milk Program – KTEC offers K-5 students an opportunity to order milk for their daily snack.
- Eating with your student – If you would like to eat lunch with your student you need to sign in at the office. You are allowed to bring food for your student only.
KTEC’s policy for bringing treats into the classroom can be found in the Parent/Student Handbook.
Konnections is the KTEC before- and after- school program for students. For complete details and information, please see the Why KTEC page.
KTEC creates its own unique school supply list designed to meet the curriculum needs of our students.
The Parent/Student Handbook is full of usefull information. Please take the time to review the handbook with your child.